Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Letting Go and Making Smart New Choices


Let’s face it. We all like to look our best. When I was a little girl I would watch my mom perform her daily beauty routine: wash, moisturize and dress her face with makeup as she prepared to take on the day. I would play & practice with her powders and mascaras and when I was allowed to start wearing makeup I bought the same brands my mom used, because I knew she trusted them and I trusted her. As she grew older, my mom’s makeup taste changed from drug store brands to high end department store brands like Lancôme and Elizabeth Arden. Me, I was mesmerized by the beauty of Princess Diana – we were born in the same year, so I kinda felt like we were something like soul sisters. I started using what the magazines reported she used: Cinique and Chanel, which I’ve used faithfully for years….until Avon came into my life. It was time to let go of using my designer brand. Seeing that signature lipstick tube in my purse just seemed to say, "Hey, you're spending too much on a lipstick, you dipstick."

I decided to sell Avon as a little side business in addition to my full time job. Being a divorced mom with kids, mortgage and uber bills, I wanted to find a way to provide for my family on my terms, setting my own hours and expectations. Reese Witherspoon is a classy spokeswoman, Avon is philanthropic and I won’t ever have to drive a pink cadillac. I knew I’d like the Avon products, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how much money I’ve been saving by stepping away from department store brands like Clinique. As I run out of makeup, I’ve been slowly replacing it the Avon line. 

Check out my purchases this week:

My all used up Clinique lip liner cost $14.00. My old C lipstick also cost $14.00. My new Avon lip liner cost $6.00 and my new Avon lipstick in a summery Apricot Glow (regularly $8.00) is on sale for a huge savings: two for $9.98….and get this: Avon always has these great deals, so by buying two lipsticks I got the lip liner for $1.99. I was never good at math, but if I carry the 1…buying the equivalent in Clinique products of two lipsticks and one lip liner would cost $42.00.  I only paid $11.97 for my Avon even before any rep discount. That’s a savings of $30.03. ca-CHING!


 Be brave. Be smart. Click on the beautiful Reese Witherspoon  button on my sidebar to check out the Summer savings.  Bloggers who mention this post when trying Avon for the first time will receive a blogger discount!

Avon products are always 100% money back guaranteed. Free shipping is available. Ask me for the secret code ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment